You’ve most likely seen a face roller on Instagram or Youtube.
The small device is typically composed of jade or rose quartz. Some contain two rollerballs, while others resemble a miniature rolling pin with rollers of varied sizes attached to both ends of the handle. They also claim to provide significant skin advantages.
So, why do individuals use a face roller to massage their faces? Is it worth investing in one?
Massaging your face with a face roller has numerous skin advantages. It even relieves stress and anxiety in the same way as a body massage.
What are the benefits of using a face roller?
Increases blood circulation. Using a face roller helps increase blood flow to your face, making your skin appear brighter.
Reduces puffiness. Rolling may also help reduce puffiness by encouraging lymphatic drainage. Some studies have typically linked this form of massage to a reduction in swelling.
Boost your mood. An earlier 2008 study found that face massage can relieve anxiety.
Improve the texture of the skin. According to a 2017 study, face massage has some anti-aging effects, especially when paired with an anti-aging cream. However, alone facial rollers might not get you exact results.
How to use a Face Roller?
- Start by applying a face oil, serum, or moisturiser. If you don’t use lubricant, the tool can pull or tug on your skin, which can cause wrinkles.
- Start from your neck and work your way up. Roll up rather than back and forth for the best results.
- Apply mild pressure from your jawline to your ear on both sides. This motion can be repeated from your jaw to your cheekbone.
- Roll only in the upward direction from your brow to your hairline. Pull your skin lightly for rolling.
How frequently should a face roller be used?
Face rollers are safe to use daily. According to research, you’ll get better outcomes if you use it for a long time.
How long do you keep rolling?
Even if you only have a few minutes, you may be able to reap some of the stress-relieving and maybe de-puffing effects.
According to a 2018 study, using a face massage roller for 5 minutes can boost blood flow to your cheeks. A 10-minute session with the roller should suffice. If it begins to hurt, it is best to stop immediately. Being gentle is essential for your skin, as it is with everything else.
Debunking myths about facial roller massage
There are a lot of huge claims related to facial rollers, but there isn’t a lot of evidence that they actually work. Let’s dispel some common misconceptions about facial rollers.
Using a roller can help you slim down your face.
Not true! Nutrition and exercise are the only ways to lose weight from any part of your body, including your face. However, the facial roller’s de-puffing ability may temporarily make your face appear slimmer.
A face roller can cure a skin problem.
False! There is no evidence to support claims that crystals or other materials can help with skin problems.
Facial rollers can have long-term results.
False! While you may notice some improvement in certain aspects of your skin, the effects are unlikely to last. Consistent use is probably your best hope for long-term benefits.
How to take care of your Facial Roller?
- With a soft, clean washcloth, remove any excess oil or product. It’s a good idea to clean it after each use.
- To kill bacteria, use a light face wash or soap. Make sure to thoroughly rinse with room temperature water.
- Avoid immersing your facial roller in water or putting it in boiling water.
- To dry, place the roller horizontally on a clean cloth.
Using a facial roller to massage your face may be calming, and it may have some possible skin advantages. Rolling or massaging the sensitive skin on your face, neck, and collarbone can help to promote blood flow and relieve tension.
There are numerous varieties of facial rollers available, and all of them might be effective. However, be aware of the fake rollers. Also, regularly clean your roller to maintain hygiene.